Safety is a priority for us!
About the company
The company DAKO-CZ, a.s. is a leading manufacturer of pneumatic, electromechanical and hydraulic brake systems for rail vehicles with more than a 207-year tradition. With a planned annual turnover of around 92 million euro, 74% of which is based on foreign orders, the company is based in Třemošnice in East Bohemia. The company DAKO-CZ is a member of the industrial-technological group CSG and its division CSG Mobility.
Manufacturer and supplier of brake systems and components
DAKO-CZ supplies brake systems and components for freight and passenger vehicles, suburban units, locomotives, maintenance cars, metro cars and trams. Rolling stock with DAKO brakes can be seen not only in Europe, but also in China, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Algeria, where the company collaborates with global rolling stock manufacturers and rail transport operators. The company has its own development, a modern testing laboratory and a design and construction centre.
In recent years, DAKO-CZ has established several subsidiaries: the Ostrava-based manufacturing company DAKO-CZ Machinery, the Mostek-based repair company DAKO-CZ Service and the adjuster manufacturer DAKO-CZ Transelco. In India, it has established a subsidiary called DAKO-CZ India and joint ventures MEDHA DAKO-CZ Pvt. Ltd. and JWL DAKO-CZ (INDIA) Pvt. Ltd. with the Indian partners. DAKO-CZ has been successfully supplying its products to India for several years where it generates about one third of its turnover.
In 2023, DAKO-CZ, together with all its subsidiaries, became part of the CSG Mobility division of the group CZECHOSLOVAK GROUP, a.s.
- member of UNIFE and ACRI association
- number of employees: 745
- year of foundation: 1816
Our vision and mission
To be a globally successful and long-term manufacturer of brake systems and components for rail vehicles, offering the latest technology, top quality and flexibility in response to customer needs in the sector.
The mission of the company DAKO-CZ
To operate on the global market with braking systems for rail vehicles on a long-term basis and, at the same time, to preserve the ability to enter other markets with high value-added engineering products. We consider our own research and development, high-technology investments to be necessary to remain competitive, as well as the employment of top engineers and skilled workers to whom we provide job safety with a stable and fair employer, and also maintaining and developing relationships with our customers, including world manufacturers of rail vehicles for railways and rail systems for public transport (trams and metro cars). Also as a global company, we respect and build relationships with the region where we are based and its local government. We always act to make our business sustainable.
DAKO-CZ, the right choice
- one of the world’s leading manufacturers of brake systems and components for rail vehicles;
- more than 207 years of experience;
- member of the group CZECHOSLOVAK GROUP;
- a reliable supplier for global rail vehicle manufacturers and rail operators;
- high production capacity;
- expert and professional staff;
- individual technical solutions (tailor-made for the client);
- financial stability.
CZECHOSLOVAK GROUP a.s.
- The company DAKO-CZ is a member of the industrial-technological group CSG and its division CSG Mobility. CSG is a dynamic group of more than 100 manufacturing, development, and trading companies based in several European countries and the USA, with over 10,000 employees and revenues exceeding one billion EUR. Its companies are organized into divisions that also represent the key sectors in which the group operates: CSG Defence, CSG Ammo+, CSG Mobility, CSG Aerospace, and CSG Business Projects. The group, which includes companies with a century-old tradition as well as start-ups, invests in innovative products and services that make the world better and safer. CSG and its companies adhere to the highest standards of corporate governance and develop in accordance with principles of sustainability and business ethics.